What is Hypnofertility?
Hypnofertility is a safe and non-invasive approach that can be used to increase the chances of fertility and conception, either naturally or through IVF. It’s an approach that is complementary to other holistic therapies and standard medical care.
Fertility and healing is not just found in blood tests and ultrasounds, injections, and other medical treatments. It is also found in the balance of our body, mind, and spirit.
Hypnotherapy can help you restore and strengthen your overall health, creating a climate that is optimal for conception and healthy pregnancy.
In the rest of this article, I’ll explain in more detail how it works. Meanwhile, if you happen to be in San Diego, I’m also offering a FREE info session on Hypnofertility on January 14, 2015. For more information and to RSVP, go here.
Benefits of Hypnofertility
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Increased mental and physical relaxation
- Increased peace of mind and sense of hope
- Clears hidden doubts, blocks, and limiting beliefs
- Helps you create a physiological environment of balance and receptivity while trying to conceive
How does it work?
Hypnotherapy works directly in the subconscious realm to remove negative blocks and limiting beliefs, replacing them with more positive thoughts and attitudes. Using hypnosis, you can “reprogram” your body and mind to achieve a particular goal.
Reduces stress & anxiety
Stress and anxiety can be an underlying factor in unexplained infertility. One reason may be that an increased level of stress hormones (such as cortisol) in the body can disrupt normal hormonal balance and function. Hypnotherapy can get to the root of these issues, and resolve them.
Strengthens the body/mind connection
Your subconscious mind controls many bodily functions, including hormonal regulation, ovulation, and other critical processes required for successful conception and pregnancy. With Hypnotherapy you can actively guide your unconscious mind to make the changes you want in your body.
Affects beliefs and emotions
Hypnosis can be used to unearth hidden doubts, and transform unhealthy
or limiting beliefs into healthy ones.
Research shows that hypnotherapy has positive effects on fertility:
- A 2004 Israeli study conducted with 185 women showed that hypnosis doubled the success rate for women going through IVF treatments. The group that underwent hypnosis during implantation had a 28% success rate, while the women who did not use hypnosis only had a 14% success rate.
- A study published June 1, 2011 in Fertility and Sterility showed that women who participate in a mind/body program such as self hypnosis or meditation for stress reduction while undergoing IVF treatment have a significantly higher pregnancy rate than those who do not (52% versus 20%).
- Dr. Ernest L. Rossi has conducted extensive research suggesting that human genes must be in a state of physical readiness for conception to take place, and that hypnotic-type suggestions can activate these specific genes.
Hypnotherapy offers a pathway to cultivating a deeper relationship with your own intuition and self-healing capacities. It is through this powerful connection that you can create new solutions and possibilities for your health.
If you’d like to find out more about how hypnotherapy can increase your chances of conceiving, you can book a FREE 30 minute phone consultation here. I have a few spots left before the end of the year.
You can also come to my FREE info session about Hypnofertility in San Diego, happening January 14th, 2015. For more information and to RSVP, go here.
For further reading on the subject:
The Mind-Body Fertility Connection: The True Pathway to Conception by James Schwartz
It’s Conceivable by Lynsi Eastburn
On Fertile Ground by Helen Adrienne
Hypnofertility: the LeClaire Method by Michelle LeClaire O’Neill
Have you ever thought of trying Hypnotherapy to increase your chances of conception? If not, what’s stopping you? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.